Call for abstracts
The call for abstracts is now open!
Deadline for abstract submission: 15 January 2024
The Conference intends to promote an active dialogue among researchers with different specializations and backgrounds, to create an opportunity to discuss the study of mining and metallurgical processes and impact on society, conservation science and to discuss the application of modern methods and techniques used to investigate metallurgical questions. The purpose is to encourage the interaction between institutions and researchers and promote contacts between scholars from different countries and research areas.
We welcome contributions on recently excavated sites, analysis results of related finds, new examination methods, latest results of comparative studies, and new trends and results in experimental archaeometallurgy.
The sessions of the conference will cover the following main themes:
- Mines, Mining and Mining heritage
- Metals, metallurgy and societies
- Archaeometallurgy of copper and copper-based alloys
- Archaeometallurgy of iron
- Archaeometallurgy of precious metals and other non-ferrous metals
- Technology transfers over space and time
- The long and historical perspective ‒ mining and environmental impact
- Latest experiences of related archaeometric methods and technologies
- Both oral presentations and posters are welcome.
- The abstracts should be no more than 400 words. The abstracts should contain: some introductory information on the sites, objects or materials examined, a description of the aims of the work, the techniques used and the results obtained so far, including a short interpretation.
- The above information is necessary to help the committees to understand the work involved and to select the papers for oral or poster presentation.
Please note that the official language of the conference is English and that abstracts can only be submitted in English. Oral presentations (15 min) as well as posters (size A0) must be in English. Poster sessions will take place in a public area of the venue, i.e. will be accessible to all visitors. Abstracts for all accepted contributions will be published in a digital Booklet of Abstracts that will be distributed to the participants at the beginning of the Conference.